I would like the light, coastal setting and five-bedroom layout to justify £514,800, but the evidence is thin after 67 days on the market. The Edinburgh home is about 2,420 sq ft and described as being in average condition, though that may mean little more than dated finishes.
There are three current listings to compare with it and just one recorded sale. I am trying to decide how much weight to place on usable floor area, the precise street position and different grades of condition. Parking and outdoor space may also separate properties that otherwise look similar.
Which unresolved item could move the answer most? I still need to establish the ownership arrangement, recurring service or management charges, the measurement basis and whether any work goes beyond decoration. I will have the figure checked locally, but first I want to know whether the asking price is credible enough to pursue.
There are three current listings to compare with it and just one recorded sale. I am trying to decide how much weight to place on usable floor area, the precise street position and different grades of condition. Parking and outdoor space may also separate properties that otherwise look similar.
Which unresolved item could move the answer most? I still need to establish the ownership arrangement, recurring service or management charges, the measurement basis and whether any work goes beyond decoration. I will have the figure checked locally, but first I want to know whether the asking price is credible enough to pursue.