Energy assessment scope and availability in Singapore

CandidPath

Landlord
Established
The purpose of the assessment can change the scope more than the property description alone. I offer energy assessments for Singapore properties, but I would not quote the same deliverables for an initial review and a more detailed investigation.

If plans and existing energy records are available, they can support a document-based scope. If they are incomplete or the questions depend on the building’s physical condition, the proposal should identify whether a site visit is needed and what later analysis would follow. Timing, exclusions, response times, fees and the final format should all be stated before instruction. Anyone comparing providers should also verify credentials, professional insurance and possible conflicts without posting sensitive property details publicly.
 
What information would you need for that initial review? It would help to know whether you first require plans and energy records, or whether the scope can be prepared from a general description before those are available. I would also want clarity on whether a site visit is included.
 
Bianca’s site-visit point is important. The scope should separate document review, inspection work and any later analysis rather than treating them as one vague service. I would also ask what the final deliverable looks like: a short findings note, a fuller report, or recommendations with assumptions and limitations clearly identified.
 
I would not compare providers on the written scope alone. Two scopes can sound similar while handling extra work very differently. Ask whether the fee is fixed or time-based, what triggers additional charges, and how questions after delivery are handled. Response time matters too, especially if the assessment is linked to another property decision.
 
There is a balance here: demanding every detail before the initial review may make that review unnecessarily heavy. A sensible first message could give the property type, approximate scale, assessment purpose, available information and desired date. The provider can then identify missing material and state what is excluded. Insurance, credentials and conflicts can be confirmed before appointment, as Leila says.
 
That distinction helps. I would start with a general property description, the reason for the assessment, what records are available and the required timing. Before proceeding, I’d then ask for the proposed deliverables, site-visit position, exclusions, response time, fee basis, credentials, professional insurance and confirmation of any conflicts. That should make different offers much easier to compare.
 
Back
Top