Cash management was the practical constraint all the way through. The offer price was only one part of the budget; lender-related costs and a repair reserve still had to survive the final week.
I’ve now completed on a Delhi studio following several unsuccessful offers and a document stage that took more time than anticipated. Those earlier attempts were not wasted: they showed me which terms mattered and made the eventual decisions less emotional. After acceptance, the most useful habit was keeping a short list of every outstanding item, the person responsible, its deadline and anything it depended on. Lender timing needed its own line rather than being assumed from the document schedule.
For those who have finished a first purchase, which practical lesson only became obvious near completion? I’m particularly interested in how others kept last-minute financing expenses separate from money reserved for repairs.
I’ve now completed on a Delhi studio following several unsuccessful offers and a document stage that took more time than anticipated. Those earlier attempts were not wasted: they showed me which terms mattered and made the eventual decisions less emotional. After acceptance, the most useful habit was keeping a short list of every outstanding item, the person responsible, its deadline and anything it depended on. Lender timing needed its own line rather than being assumed from the document schedule.
For those who have finished a first purchase, which practical lesson only became obvious near completion? I’m particularly interested in how others kept last-minute financing expenses separate from money reserved for repairs.