Once the completion date became real, the trade-off was obvious: I could focus entirely on getting the keys, or keep enough money and attention available for everything immediately afterwards. I’ve now closed on the new-build flat in Bengaluru, following a few unsuccessful offers and a document stage that moved more slowly than I had planned.
The failed bids helped me judge the market better. The purchase also taught me to retain cash for service charges, defects and other costs after closing, and to get a named person for each remaining task rather than assume the next step will happen automatically.
For other first-time buyers, what caused the biggest final-week problem? I’m especially interested in lender timing, signatures, inspection items and coordinating the move.
The failed bids helped me judge the market better. The purchase also taught me to retain cash for service charges, defects and other costs after closing, and to get a named person for each remaining task rather than assume the next step will happen automatically.
For other first-time buyers, what caused the biggest final-week problem? I’m especially interested in lender timing, signatures, inspection items and coordinating the move.