Finally closed on a villa in Jakarta

CuriousSignal

First-time buyer
The surprise was that the unsuccessful bids taught me almost as much as the purchase that succeeded. I have now closed on a villa in Jakarta, but reaching completion involved multiple attempts and a slower paperwork stage than I had planned for.

Each rejected bid made my limits clearer: where price mattered, which terms I could relax and which risks were not worth taking. Once this deal moved ahead, the bigger concerns became coordination and liquidity. It helped to identify who owned every outstanding task, particularly when lender timing affected the final documents.

I would also keep a larger post-closing cash balance next time. Insurance, unplanned charges, early repairs and moving costs arrive close together. For other first-time buyers, was the bigger shock the inspection, the completion process, coordinating the move or how quickly the remaining cash was used?
 
Back
Top