Several rejected offers came before my first Brussels villa purchase reached completion, and the last week of documents was slower than I had planned for. The failed bids still helped because they showed me that price was only one part of an offer; financing timing and the seller’s preferred schedule mattered too.
The bigger lesson was not to treat the accepted price as the end of the spending. Financing and completion costs needed cash, and I also had to think about keeping a repair reserve afterward. Once the offer was accepted, progress improved when I tracked who had to provide each item, who would confirm it, and what depended on it. What caught you out during your first completion that ordinary beginner checklists did not prepare you for?
The bigger lesson was not to treat the accepted price as the end of the spending. Financing and completion costs needed cash, and I also had to think about keeping a repair reserve afterward. Once the offer was accepted, progress improved when I tracked who had to provide each item, who would confirm it, and what depended on it. What caught you out during your first completion that ordinary beginner checklists did not prepare you for?