Once the completion date was set, I had to choose between spending the remaining cash on the move and furniture or keeping more untouched for work on the house. I kept the reserve, and that now looks like the less reversible decision.
This was my first country-home purchase in Bogotá. Several unsuccessful offers preceded it, and the document stage took longer than I had allowed for. The practical lesson was to assign every post-acceptance task to a named person, with a date, rather than assume the agent, seller or buyer will pick it up. Moving arrangements also need to follow that same timetable.
I am keeping funds available for energy-related work, although the inspection findings still need separating into urgent defects, efficiency measures and optional upgrades. The rejected offers were useful too because they sharpened my limits. For those who have completed a first purchase, which inspection or coordination issue became important only near closing?
This was my first country-home purchase in Bogotá. Several unsuccessful offers preceded it, and the document stage took longer than I had allowed for. The practical lesson was to assign every post-acceptance task to a named person, with a date, rather than assume the agent, seller or buyer will pick it up. Moving arrangements also need to follow that same timetable.
I am keeping funds available for energy-related work, although the inspection findings still need separating into urgent defects, efficiency measures and optional upgrades. The rejected offers were useful too because they sharpened my limits. For those who have completed a first purchase, which inspection or coordination issue became important only near closing?