My first Nairobi apartment has now completed, and I am still working out which lessons apply beyond this purchase. Several offers were rejected before one succeeded, then the paperwork took considerably longer than expected.
The most useful budgeting change was to keep transaction expenses, moving costs and repair money in separate pots. I also found that the period after acceptance needed a clear list showing who was responsible for each action and when it was due; otherwise everyone could appear to be waiting for someone else.
I kept notes on the unsuccessful offers, although vague feedback makes them difficult to interpret. For those who have been through this, did inspection findings determine your repair reserve, and how did you keep the lender, seller and move working to the same timetable?
The most useful budgeting change was to keep transaction expenses, moving costs and repair money in separate pots. I also found that the period after acceptance needed a clear list showing who was responsible for each action and when it was due; otherwise everyone could appear to be waiting for someone else.
I kept notes on the unsuccessful offers, although vague feedback makes them difficult to interpret. For those who have been through this, did inspection findings determine your repair reserve, and how did you keep the lender, seller and move working to the same timetable?