celine.chase
Homeowner
Getting the timing wrong can leave you committed to movers or other expenses while the lender and documents are still unresolved. That was the clearest lesson from completing my first new-build flat in Paris after several unsuccessful bids and a drawn-out paperwork stage.
I also learned that completion does not end the demands on your cash. A separate reserve for building costs and early repairs is worth protecting, even with a new property. If I repeated the process, I would ask immediately who owns each next action, when it is due and what depends on it.
The earlier bids still helped me refine my limits and questions, though I would not assume every rejection meant the price was wrong. What did your first purchase reveal that the usual beginner checklists overlooked?
I also learned that completion does not end the demands on your cash. A separate reserve for building costs and early repairs is worth protecting, even with a new property. If I repeated the process, I would ask immediately who owns each next action, when it is due and what depends on it.
The earlier bids still helped me refine my limits and questions, though I would not assume every rejection meant the price was wrong. What did your first purchase reveal that the usual beginner checklists overlooked?