First post from São Paulo

DeepWall

First-time buyer
Established
Hello from São Paulo. I’m a first-time buyer trying to understand new-build flats, transaction costs, and the gap between advertised and completed prices before deciding what is realistically affordable.

I joined because I’d like to compare São Paulo with other markets rather than stay in a local bubble. For those following Brazil, where should a newcomer start: a thread on the local board, a particular type of market data, or a first-purchase checklist?
 
Welcome. I’d begin on the local board, but split the research into two lists: recurring market data and one-off buying costs. Asking and completed prices are only useful when the flats are genuinely comparable. Which São Paulo neighbourhoods are you considering, and are you looking at projects still under construction or completed new builds?
 
I’d be cautious about comparing countries too early. Mortgage terms, transaction costs and legal steps can make similar advertised prices mean very different things. Start a simple spreadsheet for each candidate: asking price, any completed-price evidence you can find, purchase costs, financing assumptions, likely management costs and renovation or finishing work. Then use overseas markets to compare methods, not headline prices.
 
Back
Top