First post from Singapore

timo.keel

First-time buyer
Hello from Singapore. I’m a first-time buyer, currently trying to understand mixed-use buildings, transaction costs, and why advertised prices can differ from completed deals. I joined because I’d like to compare methods across markets without getting trapped in one local bubble. For those following Singapore, where should a newcomer begin on the local board, and which market data is most useful before viewing properties?
 
Welcome. I’d begin with discussions based on completed transactions rather than asking prices, then keep a simple worksheet for purchase costs, mortgage scenarios, renovation and ongoing management. Comparisons across markets are useful, but the cost categories and legal steps will not always transfer neatly. Are you considering a home for yourself, an investment, or a property that needs to serve both purposes?
 
I’d actually decide on that intended use before going deeply into datasets. A mixed-use building can look attractive in a price comparison while raising very different questions about management, renovation limits and the surrounding commercial activity. Once you have a shortlist, compare like with like and make a Singapore-specific checklist for financing, transaction costs and legal due diligence.
 
Back
Top