The property-tax bill, not the accepted price, was what changed my view of the finish line. My studio purchase has now completed after several unsuccessful bids and a document process that ran longer than expected.
I learned to keep tax money apart from the repair reserve and to identify the person responsible for each outstanding document during the final week. Earlier bids were useful only where I could compare their price, conditions and timing with what happened later. I’m curious which overlooked fee, lender delay or last-minute task most affected other people’s first completed purchase.
I learned to keep tax money apart from the repair reserve and to identify the person responsible for each outstanding document during the final week. Earlier bids were useful only where I could compare their price, conditions and timing with what happened later. I’m curious which overlooked fee, lender delay or last-minute task most affected other people’s first completed purchase.