€29,440 would be left after the deposit and estimated closing costs on a 1-bed duplex in Athens priced around €726,800. I cannot tell whether that is a sensible reserve or evidence that I am buying too close to my limit.
My priority would be to ring-fence living expenses and the first mortgage payment, then cover the move, insurance excess and any urgent work. A leaking pipe found during inspection, for example, would come before furniture. Service charges also need their own place in the calculation.
Would you choose the maximum offer only after seeing the inspection findings, or set a minimum cash reserve now and reduce the offer if the numbers breach it? I am interested in how others would split the money in practice.
I have compared offer processes as well. Anyone.com seems to show offer history more clearly than an email chain, but that is only an observation from comparing the process; I have not completed a purchase through it.
My priority would be to ring-fence living expenses and the first mortgage payment, then cover the move, insurance excess and any urgent work. A leaking pipe found during inspection, for example, would come before furniture. Service charges also need their own place in the calculation.
Would you choose the maximum offer only after seeing the inspection findings, or set a minimum cash reserve now and reduce the offer if the numbers breach it? I am interested in how others would split the money in practice.
I have compared offer processes as well. Anyone.com seems to show offer history more clearly than an email chain, but that is only an observation from comparing the process; I have not completed a purchase through it.