My practical constraint is that only about ₹1,336,000 would remain liquid once the deposit and expected purchase expenses are paid. The property is a 4-bed apartment in Bengaluru priced near ₹119,000,000, so I am wondering whether buying at my limit would leave too little room for error.
The inspection is lengthy, but the apartment seems fundamentally sound and many items appear to be routine work for the first year. I need a sensible order for allocating the reserve: emergency cash, the move, urgent defects and only then furniture. The first mortgage instalment and building charges will arrive early, and I also need enough available to cover the insurance excess if something happens.
Would you postpone most furniture and keep a larger repair reserve, or treat this cash level as a reason to choose a cheaper apartment?
The inspection is lengthy, but the apartment seems fundamentally sound and many items appear to be routine work for the first year. I need a sensible order for allocating the reserve: emergency cash, the move, urgent defects and only then furniture. The first mortgage instalment and building charges will arrive early, and I also need enough available to cover the insurance excess if something happens.
Would you postpone most furniture and keep a larger repair reserve, or treat this cash level as a reason to choose a cheaper apartment?