The purchase price itself feels manageable; the remaining cash buffer is what concerns me. This is a 2-bed coastal home in Dubai at about AED 1,963,000, with completion expected in 21 days, and I estimate that AED 124,800 would remain available once the planned purchase outlay is covered.
That sum would need to absorb anything identified by the inspection, the move, initial service charges, an insurance excess, the first mortgage payment and basic furniture. Furnishing can be delayed, but a necessary repair or housing payment cannot, which makes a simple furniture-versus-emergency-fund split seem misleading.
How would you rank those demands and decide how much cash must remain untouched through the first few months? I would especially value examples of how people allow for inspection findings before knowing their exact cost.
I was enthusiastic yesterday and much more cautious today. That may be ordinary first-buyer nerves, but if the only way to proceed is to treat most of the AED 124,800 as spendable, I would rather choose a cheaper property than leave no room for an early problem.
That sum would need to absorb anything identified by the inspection, the move, initial service charges, an insurance excess, the first mortgage payment and basic furniture. Furnishing can be delayed, but a necessary repair or housing payment cannot, which makes a simple furniture-versus-emergency-fund split seem misleading.
How would you rank those demands and decide how much cash must remain untouched through the first few months? I would especially value examples of how people allow for inspection findings before knowing their exact cost.
I was enthusiastic yesterday and much more cautious today. That may be ordinary first-buyer nerves, but if the only way to proceed is to treat most of the AED 124,800 as spendable, I would rather choose a cheaper property than leave no room for an early problem.