jade_fable
Homeowner
I have priced the deposit and expected closing expenses, but I am still unclear whether the cash remaining covers the less predictable first months. The property is a four-bedroom detached home in Jakarta at roughly IDR 7,335,000,000, and the balance available afterwards would be about IDR 374,900,000.
It is tempting to view furniture and moving as the main costs because they are visible now. Furniture can be delayed, however, whereas a roof or plumbing problem, an insurance excess, service charges and the first mortgage instalment may allow little choice over timing.
How would you split the IDR 374,900,000 among an emergency reserve, the move and essential repairs? Percentages or rough amounts would help. I would also like to know what should be confirmed about payment dates and any communal charges before deciding whether buying below this price is the safer option.
It is tempting to view furniture and moving as the main costs because they are visible now. Furniture can be delayed, however, whereas a roof or plumbing problem, an insurance excess, service charges and the first mortgage instalment may allow little choice over timing.
How would you split the IDR 374,900,000 among an emergency reserve, the move and essential repairs? Percentages or rough amounts would help. I would also like to know what should be confirmed about payment dates and any communal charges before deciding whether buying below this price is the safer option.