A revised closing estimate has left me with a new question: is €22,080 enough of a cushion after buying a five-bedroom Paris duplex for about €713,000? That balance would need to cover the move, any early repairs, furniture and unexpected household costs.
I am leaning towards leaving most of it untouched until the inspection is complete and the first few months of ownership are behind me. A sofa can wait; a loss of income, urgent repair or large insurance excess cannot. How would others set the emergency reserve first and then divide what remains? I would prefer a cheaper purchase over starting ownership with no room for error.
I am leaning towards leaving most of it untouched until the inspection is complete and the first few months of ownership are behind me. A sofa can wait; a loss of income, urgent repair or large insurance excess cannot. How would others set the emergency reserve first and then divide what remains? I would prefer a cheaper purchase over starting ownership with no room for error.