bikesAndFlag
Homeowner
I’ve been sitting with the numbers for a couple of days. After the deposit and estimated closing costs, I’d have about ¥5,355,000 left if I proceed with a 5-bed serviced apartment in Tokyo priced around ¥94,100,000.
The inspection could still identify ordinary first-year work, so I’m trying to decide whether that remaining cash is a sensible buffer or a sign that I should buy below my maximum. I need to allow for emergency savings, moving costs, immediate repairs, furniture, service charges, the insurance excess and the first mortgage payment.
How would you divide the ¥5,355,000 among those categories? I’d especially appreciate views on what should remain completely untouched, what needs funding before move-in, and which furniture or non-urgent work can safely wait.
The inspection could still identify ordinary first-year work, so I’m trying to decide whether that remaining cash is a sensible buffer or a sign that I should buy below my maximum. I need to allow for emergency savings, moving costs, immediate repairs, furniture, service charges, the insurance excess and the first mortgage payment.
How would you divide the ¥5,355,000 among those categories? I’d especially appreciate views on what should remain completely untouched, what needs funding before move-in, and which furniture or non-urgent work can safely wait.