Every expert in this forum once didn't know what escrow meant. This is the thread where you ask the question you're embarrassed to ask.
How much do I really need for a deposit? What does the notary actually do? Is it insane to buy in a country I don't live in? Why did my lender quote a different rate than the ad? What's the difference between leasehold and freehold and why should I care?
Ask below. The community answers — and when answers differ by country (they usually do), say which country you're answering for.
One ask from the team: when your purchase completes, come back and tell us what you wish you'd known. Those posts become the guides that help the next person.
How much do I really need for a deposit? What does the notary actually do? Is it insane to buy in a country I don't live in? Why did my lender quote a different rate than the ad? What's the difference between leasehold and freehold and why should I care?
Ask below. The community answers — and when answers differ by country (they usually do), say which country you're answering for.
One ask from the team: when your purchase completes, come back and tell us what you wish you'd known. Those posts become the guides that help the next person.