Keeping the lender, inspection and moving dates aligned was harder than negotiating the final offer. The Vancouver townhouse purchase has now closed, after several earlier bids were rejected.
Once the offer was accepted, I used a dated list covering lender requirements, documents, access and the move, with one person responsible for following up each item. I also kept money aside for repairs and a possible vacant period after closing. The rejected offers helped me refine later bids only when I could work out whether price or terms had been the issue.
What caused the most trouble for others during the period from acceptance to closing? I am especially interested in missed hand-offs or costs that appeared earlier than expected.
Once the offer was accepted, I used a dated list covering lender requirements, documents, access and the move, with one person responsible for following up each item. I also kept money aside for repairs and a possible vacant period after closing. The rejected offers helped me refine later bids only when I could work out whether price or terms had been the issue.
What caused the most trouble for others during the period from acceptance to closing? I am especially interested in missed hand-offs or costs that appeared earlier than expected.