Frequent small maintenance requests in a Manila condo: normal costs or a warning sign?

FinnDale

Homeowner
Established
Founding Member
My Manila condo tenant has made several minor maintenance requests over the past few months. Each one sounds plausible and the rent is always paid on time, but repeated call-out charges are adding up.

How do other landlords distinguish ordinary ownership costs from a pattern that needs a different approach? I’m considering grouping non-urgent jobs, while remaining responsive, but I’m also concerned the separate issues could point to a larger moisture problem. I’m looking for the downsides and practical trade-offs, including tenant retention and eventual turnover—not reassurance about Manila.
 
Start with the maintenance history rather than the number of requests. Are the items in the same room, on the same wall, or connected to plumbing or dampness? If so, grouping them could delay finding one underlying cause and ultimately cost more.

For clearly unrelated, non-urgent items, ask the tenant whether one scheduled visit would be acceptable and follow the applicable condo access and local notice requirements. Reliable payment matters, too: saving a call-out fee may not outweigh frustrating a dependable tenant or creating avoidable vacancy and turnover costs.
 
Back
Top