Frequent small maintenance requests in Mexico City student housing

nia.hayes

Landlord
Getting this wrong could mean either missing an electrical fault or spending heavily on unnecessary call-outs. I manage a five-bedroom student property in Mexico City where one tenant has raised a steady stream of small repair issues. The requests appear credible, and the tenancy has otherwise been reliable.

My thought is to book routine items together while responding immediately to anything involving electricity, leaks, security or an essential service. Before doing that, I want to review the maintenance history in case the complaints point to one recurring defect rather than unrelated problems.

What information do you request before deciding whether to send a contractor—photos, a short video, dates, affected rooms, or evidence that basic checks were tried? I would also like to know how others log reports and completed work.

If there are Mexico City rules affecting entry notice, repair timing or how tenant-caused damage may be handled against a deposit, please separate those requirements from preferred management practice. I do not want ordinary wear or frequent reporting to be treated as damage, and replacing a dependable tenant could cost more than dealing sensibly with the requests.
 
Back
Top