Another small maintenance report has arrived from a tenant in my Seoul multifamily, which makes me wonder whether I should change how these jobs are scheduled. The individual faults sound credible, and payment reliability is not an issue, but separate contractor visits are becoming expensive.
I want to retain a dependable tenant and avoid making reasonable reporting feel unwelcome. At the same time, arranging an immediate visit for every low-risk item may not be the best use of the property’s income, regardless of how the rent compares with the market.
Would you keep a dated list and combine non-urgent work into planned visits, while handling anything safety-related straight away? I’m particularly concerned about the point at which several minor reports stop being isolated nuisances and become evidence of an underlying wiring or building problem.
I want to retain a dependable tenant and avoid making reasonable reporting feel unwelcome. At the same time, arranging an immediate visit for every low-risk item may not be the best use of the property’s income, regardless of how the rent compares with the market.
Would you keep a dated list and combine non-urgent work into planned visits, while handling anything safety-related straight away? I’m particularly concerned about the point at which several minor reports stop being isolated nuisances and become evidence of an underlying wiring or building problem.