testTheWire
Property investor
I need to settle the ownership approach before the purchase progresses much further, but choosing it solely to reduce the initial bill seems short-sighted. The property is a five-bedroom country home in the Berlin area at about €450,800. I have transfer tax, notary work and registration on my purchase list, although individual, joint or another form of ownership may produce different consequences.
I’m therefore mapping four stages: acquisition, annual charges, eventual sale and inheritance. What commonly falls outside the first estimate, and which questions should be asked about residency changes, financing and ownership restrictions? My plan is to take a structured list to the relevant licensed German advisers rather than assume one estimate covers every stage.
I’m therefore mapping four stages: acquisition, annual charges, eventual sale and inheritance. What commonly falls outside the first estimate, and which questions should be asked about residency changes, financing and ownership restrictions? My plan is to take a structured list to the relevant licensed German advisers rather than assume one estimate covers every stage.