Guess the closing price: Mumbai 3-bed new-build flat

clear_wall

Seller
Established
After 20 days on the market, the question is whether there has been enough exposure to justify a discount or whether it is still too early to read much into the listing period.

The Mumbai new-build flat has 3 bedrooms, measures 115 m² and is described as being in average condition. The asking price is ₹40,500,000. Give your predicted closing price as a single figure, followed by the two details that matter most to your estimate. No maintenance amount is available, so say how much that missing information affects your guess.
 
₹39,200,000. My two drivers are the ₹40,500,000 asking price and the relatively short 20 days on market. I’d allow for negotiation, but nothing here yet suggests the seller needs a deep cut.
 
₹38,800,000, based on the 115 m² floor area and the average-condition description. Is that 115 m² carpet area or a broader saleable-area figure? That distinction could move my estimate more than the bedroom count.
 
₹40,000,000. The short marketing period and new-build status are my two reasons.

My caveat is that “Mumbai” is too broad to assess local supply. I’d also like to know what average condition means for a new build—basic finishes, an unfinished unit, or simply average compared with others in the development?
 
₹40,500,000 exactly. I’m weighting the asking price and the absence of any stated price reduction. I disagree that 20 days automatically earns a discount; at that stage, a seller may still hold firm rather than negotiate significantly.
 
₹39,500,000. The 3-bed layout within 115 m² and the average-condition description are my two inputs. I’m treating the former as a practical family layout but not assuming a premium finish. Maintenance cannot sensibly influence the guess without an actual amount.
 
Keeping my ₹39,500,000 estimate, but one completed sale in the same development would be much more useful than another active listing. Do we know whether there is a comparable completed sale, or whether this flat has had any reductions during those 20 days?
 
₹38,500,000. My two facts are the ₹40,500,000 ask and 115 m² area, which works out to roughly ₹352,000 per m² at asking. That calculation is only a starting point, though; without the exact Mumbai micro-location or a completed comparable sale, the apparent discount is mostly a judgment call.
 
Adrian’s calculation is useful, but it reinforces my carpet-area question. A per-square-metre figure can mislead if the 115 m² includes shared or non-usable space. I’d still stay at ₹38,800,000. The practical next step is to compare one completed sale on the same area definition, then adjust for floor, condition and any price reductions.
 
₹39,900,000. My two drivers are the short 20-day exposure and the modest gap I’d expect from an asking price of ₹40,500,000 when no reduction has been mentioned. I wouldn’t use bedroom count separately from floor area, since both describe the same utility to some extent. A high maintenance charge could change this, but none is given.
 
Back
Top