Guess the closing price: Nairobi 2-bed serviced apartment?

RealWorkshop

Homeowner
Nairobi serviced apartment: 2 bedrooms, 100 m², average condition, asking KES 99,980,000 after 17 days on the market. What closing price would you predict?

Post one number and the two facts driving it. I’m especially curious whether the short marketing period, condition, floor area or bedroom count matters most. No energy-performance details are provided. Closest estimate gets imaginary bragging rights.
 
KES 93,000,000. My two facts are the average condition and the asking price. At only 17 days, I wouldn’t treat time on market as evidence that the seller is under pressure yet.
 
KES 90,500,000, based on 100 m² and average condition. But the missing Nairobi neighbourhood is a major limitation here. Do we also know whether the one completed sale was in the same building and had a similar service arrangement?
 
I think KES 90.5m discounts it too heavily without stronger evidence. My number is KES 97,000,000: 17 days is still a short period, and it is a 2-bed serviced apartment rather than an unserviced unit. The precise asking figure looks like an anchor, though not necessarily the seller’s minimum.
 
KES 94,000,000. I’m weighting the asking price and average condition. I agree with Sven that 17 days alone says little, but I wouldn’t assume the serviced format supports the price unless we know exactly what services are included and their ongoing cost.
 
That is the key caveat. “Serviced” can’t be valued in isolation from the actual package. I’d keep KES 90,500,000 unless the completed sale closely matches this apartment on building, size and condition; otherwise it is weak evidence.
 
The most useful next step would be to put that completed sale beside any recent price reductions for similar 2-bed units. Asking prices show seller expectations, while reductions reveal whether those expectations are holding. Without those details, my KES 94m is deliberately a middle estimate rather than a strong valuation claim.
 
I’ll stay higher at KES 96,500,000, driven by the short 17-day marketing period and the KES 99,980,000 ask. If it remains available or gets reduced, I’d move closer to Mia’s figure; right now I don’t see enough to justify Katarina’s larger discount.
 
Back
Top