Guess the sale price on this 5-bed townhouse

kai_trades

First-time buyer
Established
Townhouse in the local market: 5 bedrooms, 2,580 sq ft, average condition, asking C$1,168,000 after 23 days on market. Where do you think it actually sells?

Post one number and the two facts carrying the most weight in your estimate. I’m especially curious whether people prioritize condition, time on market, financing costs or sheer floor area. Closest guess gets imaginary bragging rights.
 
C$1,125,000. My two are the 23 days on market and average condition, which together suggest buyers may expect some room below asking. Has the asking price stayed at C$1,168,000 for the entire 23 days, or was there a reduction?
 
C$1,150,000, driven by the large 2,580 sq ft floor area and the asking price. I’d like to know whether there are recurring townhouse fees, though. That missing cost could matter more to affordability than the fifth bedroom.
 
C$1,168,000 exactly. I disagree that 23 days necessarily signals negotiating room without knowing the normal selling period locally. Five bedrooms in 2,580 sq ft could support the full ask if local supply of comparable townhouses is thin.
 
C$1,105,000. Average condition is my first factor, because a large home can also mean more work to update. The second is 23 days without a completed deal.

Is there even one recent completed sale nearby with similar floor area? I’d trust that more than the bedroom count, particularly if some of those rooms are small.
 
I’m keeping my C$1,150,000, but I wouldn’t let one completed sale decide it unless the units are genuinely comparable. End position, fees, parking and layout could make two 5-bed townhouses behave differently. Hana’s point about usable bedroom size is important: the headline count alone doesn’t establish value.
 
C$1,180,000. My two facts are 2,580 sq ft and five bedrooms. I’m taking the other side of the condition argument: “average” is not the same as poor, and buyers who need that much space may value the existing layout more than cosmetic finishes.
 
C$1,135,000, based on the asking price and 23 days on market. That leaves a moderate gap without assuming the listing is distressed. For a fair finish, record whether there is a price reduction before an agreement and compare every guess with the completed sale price—not a later asking price.
 
Back
Top