I’m considering a new-build flat in Miami. The purchase price itself works, but the master insurance premium and shared-building reserve contributions have risen sharply. At the current association figure, most of the apparent monthly saving over renting disappears.
Would you value the unit on the assumption that these costs remain high, or treat the increase as a temporary adjustment? I’m wary of relying on future reductions, especially if high charges could affect resale liquidity or tenant demand.
I’m also checking the master policy exclusions, loss-assessment cover, reserve position, maintenance intensity and whether the building’s management workload or energy use could push charges higher. Vacancy risk matters too if prospective tenants resist the total monthly cost.
For anyone who has assessed a similar new-build flat, which figures or documents most changed your view: the insurance breakdown, reserve funding, projected maintenance, or recent rental demand?
Would you value the unit on the assumption that these costs remain high, or treat the increase as a temporary adjustment? I’m wary of relying on future reductions, especially if high charges could affect resale liquidity or tenant demand.
I’m also checking the master policy exclusions, loss-assessment cover, reserve position, maintenance intensity and whether the building’s management workload or energy use could push charges higher. Vacancy risk matters too if prospective tenants resist the total monthly cost.
For anyone who has assessed a similar new-build flat, which figures or documents most changed your view: the insurance breakdown, reserve funding, projected maintenance, or recent rental demand?