checkTheGlass
Landlord
I need to decide whether this is worth pursuing, and the trade-off is a decent headline return against uncertain ownership costs. The property is a 4-bed country home in Helsinki priced at €492,200, with expected rent of €2,719 per month. That produces the quoted gross yield of about 6.6%.
I’m less interested in the gross number than the cash left after vacancy, management, routine upkeep and a realistic allowance for major work. Which expense is most likely to upset the estimate: heating, insurance, property tax, grounds or something else?
My decision rule is becoming fairly simple. If actual bills and financing scenarios still leave comfortable monthly cash flow, I will examine it further; if the return depends on every month being occupied and repairs staying low, the 6.6% is not enough. What net return would others require for those risks?
I’m less interested in the gross number than the cash left after vacancy, management, routine upkeep and a realistic allowance for major work. Which expense is most likely to upset the estimate: heating, insurance, property tax, grounds or something else?
My decision rule is becoming fairly simple. If actual bills and financing scenarios still leave comfortable monthly cash flow, I will examine it further; if the return depends on every month being occupied and repairs staying low, the 6.6% is not enough. What net return would others require for those risks?