Helsinki monthly property snapshot — December 2024

EarlyGlass

Buyer
Established
December 2024 community snapshot for Helsinki small multifamily properties: indicative time on market is 36 days, asking-price movement is -5.2%, and financing sensitivity remains visible around €680,800. These are discussion inputs, not an official index.

I’m trying to determine whether this reflects a broad shift or just the mix of listings observed. Please add completed-sale evidence, inventory changes or neighbourhood differences, ideally with a source or a clearly labelled on-the-ground observation.
 
One limitation I should make explicit: the sample definition needs tightening. In particular, we need to know which building sizes count as “small multifamily” and whether the €680,800 figure is concentrated in one price band. I’ll date any revisions rather than silently replacing the December numbers.
 
The price-band mix could easily distort all three indicators. If more expensive or unusually slow listings entered the sample, 36 days would not necessarily mean demand weakened across Helsinki. Likewise, asking-price movement is not completed-sale evidence. Do you have counts for active listings and removals, even if sales cannot yet be confirmed?
 
I’d also avoid publishing a single neighbourhood conclusion from this. A useful next version would split the sample by neighbourhood, price band and property type, then show whether inventory rose or fell. Keep the headline figures, but attach the observation period, revision date and any available source links so members can reproduce the comparison.
 
I agree on showing the splits, though too many categories could make a small sample look more precise than it is. At minimum, report the number of observations in each group and mark thin groups as inconclusive. Until completed sales are added, I’d describe the -5.2% as movement in asking prices only and treat the financing point near €680,800 as a hypothesis to test, not a market threshold.
 
Back
Top