I want this to work without relying on price growth, but the margin looks thin. The asking price is HK$6,942,000 and projected rent for the 5-bed country home is HK$25,470 a month, or roughly 4.4% gross.
I have allowed for empty periods, management, ordinary upkeep and a sizeable repair, but financing and insurance could still upset the calculation. For this type of Hong Kong property, which expense deserves its own detailed estimate rather than a general allowance? I’d also be interested in the net return others would require before accepting the vacancy risk.
I have allowed for empty periods, management, ordinary upkeep and a sizeable repair, but financing and insurance could still upset the calculation. For this type of Hong Kong property, which expense deserves its own detailed estimate rather than a general allowance? I’d also be interested in the net return others would require before accepting the vacancy risk.