Hong Kong country homes: is 55 days a reliable selling-time signal?

gardensAndCorner

Buyer
Established
I’m tracking Hong Kong country homes listed between HK$7,613,000 and HK$11,420,000. My current sample suggests roughly 55 days to find a buyer, with many of the longer cases appearing vacant. I’m deciding whether that figure is useful for setting expectations or distorted by homes that remain online. Should I focus more on recent completed sales, withdrawn stock or the timing of price cuts?
 
Completed sales should carry more weight, but compare listing-to-agreement time rather than assuming the completion date reflects marketing time. Also, are your neighbourhood boundaries tight enough? Mixing different country-home areas and property conditions could make 55 days look more meaningful than it is. I’d separate vacant from occupied homes, then note which listings were reduced before finding a buyer.
 
I wouldn’t automatically treat vacancy as the cause of the outliers. A vacant home may simply reveal seller motivation—or poor condition—more clearly. Financing delays and a surge of new listings could also change the picture without appearing in completed deals yet. Keep the online sample, but mark withdrawals separately and compare each completed sale with similar active listings by area, condition and asking-price history.
 
Back
Top