Hong Kong monthly property snapshot — December 2025

gardensAndCorner

Buyer
Established
I’m compiling a December 2025 community snapshot for Hong Kong student housing. The current indicative figures are 35 days on market, asking-price movement of -1.2%, and visible financing sensitivity around HK$9,906,000.

These are discussion inputs, not an official index. The practical decision is whether to keep one headline figure or split it by neighbourhood, price band and property type. Completed-sale evidence, inventory changes, sample definitions and dated source links would help.
 
I would not publish the three figures as one market reading until the sample is defined. “Student housing” could mix very different properties, while asking-price movement is not completed-sale movement. At minimum, state the number of listings covered, whether relistings are counted again, and the dates used to calculate the 35 days.
 
Is HK$9,906,000 an observed asking-price band, a financing threshold in the sample, or simply the point where buyer behaviour seemed to change? That distinction matters. I’d also separate purpose-built accommodation from ordinary flats marketed to students, if both are included. Can contributors attach a revision date to any figures they add?
 
I wouldn’t discard the 35-day indication just because the sample is imperfect. It can still describe the listings observed, provided it is labelled that way. The bigger risk is treating the -1.2% and HK$9,906,000 figures as connected when price-band mix could explain the pattern.

A compact table showing neighbourhood, property type, asking or completed price, observation period and inventory direction would expose that issue without pretending to be an index.
 
Agreed on keeping the headline provisional rather than removing it. I’ll revise the summary to distinguish asking listings from completed sales, explain what the HK$9,906,000 reference represents, and add the sample period and revision date. Neighbourhood and property-type splits will only be added where the underlying contribution supports them; otherwise they’ll remain clearly marked as missing.
 
Back
Top