Before I can make sense of the numbers, I need a much tighter comparison area than Hong Kong as a whole. I am tracking small multifamily listings from HK$3,370,000 to HK$5,054,000, alongside reported downward movement of 7.1% and an average marketing period of roughly 95 days.
Buildings with obvious maintenance needs seem to receive bigger cuts, but grouping them together creates a risk: condition may be standing in for seller urgency, buyer-financing problems or a local increase in new listings. It also matters whether the first reduction comes early or only after a property has sat for months.
Could anyone narrow this to a named neighbourhood and a consistent building type? I would compare the original ask, timing of each cut, any withdrawal or relisting, and the completed price. That should show whether the 7.1% appears in actual sales or mainly reflects changes to advertised stock.
Buildings with obvious maintenance needs seem to receive bigger cuts, but grouping them together creates a risk: condition may be standing in for seller urgency, buyer-financing problems or a local increase in new listings. It also matters whether the first reduction comes early or only after a property has sat for months.
Could anyone narrow this to a named neighbourhood and a consistent building type? I would compare the original ask, timing of each cut, any withdrawal or relisting, and the completed price. That should show whether the 7.1% appears in actual sales or mainly reflects changes to advertised stock.