How do I compare three very different Auckland agent proposals?

romy.wells

Homeowner
Established
Each of the three Auckland agents says their proposal offers the better value, but I hesitate because they define the service differently. One bundles photography and negotiation into the fee; another has a lower-looking starting price followed by separate charges as the sale progresses.

This is for a condo, and I want to compare likely total cost rather than the headline fee alone. I also need to know the photography scope, who my named contact would be, how quickly they respond, how offers are handled and what help remains if a buyer falls through.

Would it be sensible to give all three the same sale scenario and request an itemised written response? I will check New Zealand legal requirements independently, so the comparison can focus on service, accountability and the amount of risk left with the seller.
 
Ask each agent to rewrite the proposal as an estimated total cost, including the fee basis, photography scope and every possible transaction or administration charge. Then ask who your named contact is after launch and after an offer is accepted, plus their expected response time.

One missing detail: does “negotiation included” cover multiple offers and revised offers, or only presenting the first one?
 
I wouldn’t put too much weight on the longest service list. A cheaper proposal with clear offer handling and a responsive named contact may be better than an inclusive package with vague accountability.

Give all three the same condo scenario and request written answers on buyer qualification, fall-through support and any conflict disclosure. Compare those answers alongside total cost. For anything described as legally required in New Zealand, have your conveyancer or lawyer confirm it rather than relying on the sales proposal.
 
Back
Top