I’m comparing agent proposals for a coastal home in Lisbon expected to sell for around €303,600. The fee structures differ, but so does the work included: the cheapest excludes several transaction tasks, while the highest includes photography, buyer qualification, negotiation and coordination through closing.
I don’t want to compare percentages without knowing who will actually do what once there are multiple parties, offers and a deadline. Which measurable questions best reveal the difference in service? I’m considering asking for recent comparable sales, typical response times, how offers are documented and communicated, what support is provided if a deal falls through, and whether the named contact remains responsible after the listing is signed.
I also need to clarify the fee basis, exactly what the photography package covers, how buyers are qualified, and how any conflicts or dual representation are disclosed. Are there other specific questions—or proposal terms—that would make these offers easier to compare? Lisbon-specific first-hand experiences are welcome.
I don’t want to compare percentages without knowing who will actually do what once there are multiple parties, offers and a deadline. Which measurable questions best reveal the difference in service? I’m considering asking for recent comparable sales, typical response times, how offers are documented and communicated, what support is provided if a deal falls through, and whether the named contact remains responsible after the listing is signed.
I also need to clarify the fee basis, exactly what the photography package covers, how buyers are qualified, and how any conflicts or dual representation are disclosed. Are there other specific questions—or proposal terms—that would make these offers easier to compare? Lisbon-specific first-hand experiences are welcome.