The biggest surprise was how little the fee itself revealed once I lined up the proposals. For a New York small multifamily likely to sell near $215,000, one quote may include photography and transaction coordination while another leaves those responsibilities unclear.
I am thinking of sending every agent the same scope sheet and asking them to mark each task as included, excluded or separately charged. It would cover recent comparable sales, the photography deliverables, buyer screening, offer presentation, day-to-day file ownership and support after a failed transaction. I also want written disclosure of any connection to a buyer or referral source.
Would that produce a fair all-in comparison, or am I assuming the assignments are alike when access may be the larger issue? The property’s occupancy and the person responsible for coordinating showings could materially change the workload.
I am thinking of sending every agent the same scope sheet and asking them to mark each task as included, excluded or separately charged. It would cover recent comparable sales, the photography deliverables, buyer screening, offer presentation, day-to-day file ownership and support after a failed transaction. I also want written disclosure of any connection to a buyer or referral source.
Would that produce a fair all-in comparison, or am I assuming the assignments are alike when access may be the larger issue? The property’s occupancy and the person responsible for coordinating showings could materially change the workload.