How do you price the risk of a future association special assessment near Delhi?

I’m considering a 185 m² apartment in Delhi at roughly ₹102,700,000, but the association’s reserves appear thin and major exterior work is being discussed. Nothing has been approved yet, although owners have mentioned possible contributions as high as ₹4,760,000.

I’m reviewing meeting minutes, insurance coverage, reserve balances and the maintenance plan. What else would help distinguish routine long-term planning from a likely near-term assessment—contractor estimates, contribution history, unpaid dues, recent engineering reports, or something else?

I’m also trying to account for the less obvious trade-offs: ongoing maintenance intensity, energy use, management workload, vacancy or tenant-demand risk, and whether uncertainty over the building’s finances could reduce resale liquidity. At this price, would you seek a reduction or protection in the sale terms, or simply walk away? If you chose either way in a similar situation, which specific document or unresolved issue tipped the decision?
 
Back
Top