key.nimble
Homeowner
I would prefer to keep this tenant and agree a moderate increase, but the obstacle is the gap between the current MX$14,720 and advertised rents near MX$17,140. They pay on time and have looked after the detached home, so replacing them purely to chase the higher figure may not improve the actual return.
Before proposing anything, I plan to check the lease and renewal timing, narrow the comparables by location and condition, and review the maintenance record. I also want to make sure any deposit handling is clear and properly recorded.
What else should go into the calculation—likely vacancy, refurbishment, listing time or something less obvious? I’d welcome suggestions for raising the subject early enough to allow a genuine discussion rather than presenting a finished decision.
Before proposing anything, I plan to check the lease and renewal timing, narrow the comparables by location and condition, and review the maintenance record. I also want to make sure any deposit handling is clear and properly recorded.
What else should go into the calculation—likely vacancy, refurbishment, listing time or something less obvious? I’d welcome suggestions for raising the subject early enough to allow a genuine discussion rather than presenting a finished decision.