Market asking rent for comparable São Paulo townhouses appears to be around R$3,590, while my tenant currently pays about R$3,045. They pay reliably and look after the property.
I’m considering a modest adjustment rather than trying to close the whole gap, because turnover could mean vacancy, refurbishment and reletting costs. I also don’t yet have a good picture of actual days on market rather than how long listings simply remain advertised.
How would you frame a fair review, stay within the local lease and notice rules, and preserve the relationship? I want to treat it as a business without being unreasonable.
I’m considering a modest adjustment rather than trying to close the whole gap, because turnover could mean vacancy, refurbishment and reletting costs. I also don’t yet have a good picture of actual days on market rather than how long listings simply remain advertised.
How would you frame a fair review, stay within the local lease and notice rules, and preserve the relationship? I want to treat it as a business without being unreasonable.