I have now narrowed my likely opening offer to 2% under the HK$4,680,000 asking price, but I am less certain about the terms around it. The apartment has been listed for 14 days, requires updating and previously had a sale fall apart. The seller does not otherwise seem under pressure.
Local listings support the asking price, although the shortage of completed comparables makes them a weak guide to the final value. Would financing evidence and a completion date that suits the seller make the 2% reduction easier to accept? I also need to choose a fair response deadline rather than manufacturing urgency.
I intend to retain financing, valuation and inspection protection until I understand the deposit consequences. For the visible work, is it cleaner to reflect the cost in the opening price, or leave room to seek repair credits if the inspection identifies something material?
Local listings support the asking price, although the shortage of completed comparables makes them a weak guide to the final value. Would financing evidence and a completion date that suits the seller make the 2% reduction easier to accept? I also need to choose a fair response deadline rather than manufacturing urgency.
I intend to retain financing, valuation and inspection protection until I understand the deposit consequences. For the visible work, is it cleaner to reflect the cost in the opening price, or leave room to seek repair credits if the inspection identifies something material?