An updated cash calculation leaves about QAR 127,400 after buying the four-bedroom Doha coastal home at roughly QAR 4,732,000. That looked comfortable until I added the timing of the first mortgage instalment and possible service charges.
The inspection could still identify work that cannot be postponed, while moving and furnishing can be adjusted. My current rule is that if emergency savings, the first payment and urgent repairs can all be ring-fenced, I can proceed and furnish gradually. If they cannot, the purchase price needs to come down rather than relying on the reserve.
How would you set the untouchable amount when the inspection findings and the first service-charge bill are not yet known?
The inspection could still identify work that cannot be postponed, while moving and furnishing can be adjusted. My current rule is that if emergency savings, the first payment and urgent repairs can all be ring-fenced, I can proceed and furnish gradually. If they cannot, the purchase price needs to come down rather than relying on the reserve.
How would you set the untouchable amount when the inspection findings and the first service-charge bill are not yet known?