The £98,980 estimate looks workable on paper, but I’m reluctant to choose a contingency before the hidden conditions are better understood. This is a 2,260 sq ft London warehouse, with work planned to the kitchen and bathrooms as well as finishes, service checks and some energy improvements. There is no planned extension.
My concern is that moisture, inaccessible plumbing or remedial structural work could disrupt the sequence and consume the reserve before finish choices matter. Which inspections should come first, and what should contractors state about opening up, making good, material lead times and excluded work? I’d then like to set a contingency against the remaining unknowns rather than apply a percentage blindly.
My concern is that moisture, inaccessible plumbing or remedial structural work could disrupt the sequence and consume the reserve before finish choices matter. Which inspections should come first, and what should contractors state about opening up, making good, material lead times and excluded work? I’d then like to set a contingency against the remaining unknowns rather than apply a percentage blindly.