I have checked that the planned work does not include an extension, but the condition behind the finished surfaces is still unclear. The Seoul house is detached, measures 155 m² and is being purchased for ₩462,300,000. I am testing ₩69,360,000 as the renovation budget for the kitchen, wet areas, surfaces, wiring assessment and some energy improvements.
As a first-time renovator, I see two different risks: keeping too little in reserve could stop the job after demolition, while holding a large contingency will not rescue a scope built on weak assumptions. Before fixing the price, I plan to request moisture readings, details of pipe access, the precise extent of electrical work, and a list separating firm items from provisional sums and exclusions. What level of the budget should remain uncommitted until opening-up work is complete?
As a first-time renovator, I see two different risks: keeping too little in reserve could stop the job after demolition, while holding a large contingency will not rescue a scope built on weak assumptions. Before fixing the price, I plan to request moisture readings, details of pipe access, the precise extent of electrical work, and a list separating firm items from provisional sums and exclusions. What level of the budget should remain uncommitted until opening-up work is complete?