I have narrowed the comparison down to a few similar Boston homes, which leaves me with a harder question. Their asking rents are around $3,561, but the tenant in my detached home currently pays $3,323 and has a strong record of paying on time and looking after maintenance issues.
A small increase may be the sensible middle ground. Holding at the present rent protects the tenancy, while pushing to the advertised market level could lead to vacancy, turnover work and fresh deposit administration. How would you put a value on that reliability? Whatever I decide, I want to give proper notice and discuss it with the tenant before the change takes effect.
A small increase may be the sensible middle ground. Holding at the present rent protects the tenancy, while pushing to the advertised market level could lead to vacancy, turnover work and fresh deposit administration. How would you put a value on that reliability? Whatever I decide, I want to give proper notice and discuss it with the tenant before the change takes effect.