Getting the increase wrong could cost more than leaving some rent on the table. The duplex currently brings in about $7,878, while similar properties are being advertised near $8,464, but this tenant pays consistently and looks after the place.
Before seeking the full $586 difference, I want to account for vacancy, preparation work and the risk of replacing a dependable tenant with an unknown one. Would you offer a smaller increase to support retention? I also need to confirm the lease terms, any restrictions affecting the unit, the required notice and how the deposit must be handled if the tenant leaves.
Before seeking the full $586 difference, I want to account for vacancy, preparation work and the risk of replacing a dependable tenant with an unknown one. Would you offer a smaller increase to support retention? I also need to confirm the lease terms, any restrictions affecting the unit, the required notice and how the deposit must be handled if the tenant leaves.