SteadyRoom
Buyer
€9,200 is not much margin for error. My specific concern is that several ordinary inspection items could consume it even if there is no major roof or boiler problem.
That is what I expect to have left after the deposit and estimated closing expenses on a 5-bed Munich townhouse costing about €354,200. Before buying furniture, I would need to set aside the opening mortgage instalment, moving expenses, an insurance deductible and any recurring property charges. The inspection would then determine which repairs need money immediately.
Would it make sense to ring-fence those fixed items and an untouched emergency reserve first, then use only the balance for urgent findings and basic furnishings? I’m trying to identify the point at which reducing the purchase budget is safer than stretching this buffer across too many categories.
That is what I expect to have left after the deposit and estimated closing expenses on a 5-bed Munich townhouse costing about €354,200. Before buying furniture, I would need to set aside the opening mortgage instalment, moving expenses, an insurance deductible and any recurring property charges. The inspection would then determine which repairs need money immediately.
Would it make sense to ring-fence those fixed items and an untouched emergency reserve first, then use only the balance for urgent findings and basic furnishings? I’m trying to identify the point at which reducing the purchase budget is safer than stretching this buffer across too many categories.