Keeping all ₹2,839,000 untouched would feel safe but may leave moving and urgent work unfunded; allocating it immediately would make an unexpected repair much harder to absorb. That is the choice I am facing after the deposit and estimated purchase costs on a 1-bed Bengaluru townhouse priced near ₹20,040,000.
My instinct is to ring-fence emergency savings first, then create separate amounts for moving, the first mortgage payment, service charges, insurance excess and inspection-led repairs. Furniture is the reversible part and can be bought gradually. I also want to understand which building items are my responsibility before setting a repair allowance, since a shared roof issue is different from one I must fund alone. How would you divide the remaining cash without counting the same buffer twice?
My instinct is to ring-fence emergency savings first, then create separate amounts for moving, the first mortgage payment, service charges, insurance excess and inspection-led repairs. Furniture is the reversible part and can be bought gradually. I also want to understand which building items are my responsibility before setting a repair allowance, since a shared roof issue is different from one I must fund alone. How would you divide the remaining cash without counting the same buffer twice?