The tenant has paid about $2,305 reliably and maintained the Miami townhouse well, which makes me hesitant to push the rent toward the roughly $2,529 being advertised for comparable homes. Those listings suggest room for an increase, but they do not show what a replacement tenant would actually pay or how long the property might sit empty.
I’m leaning toward a smaller rise rather than leaving the rent flat or chasing the full difference. How would you weigh the extra annual income against vacancy time, turnover work and this tenant’s maintenance history? I’ll also check the lease and current local notice rules before raising the subject.
I’m leaning toward a smaller rise rather than leaving the rent flat or chasing the full difference. How would you weigh the extra annual income against vacancy time, turnover work and this tenant’s maintenance history? I’ll also check the lease and current local notice rules before raising the subject.