I need to choose how to compare the offers before progressing with a Seoul purchase of about ₩607,200,000. One lender is quoting 8.02% fixed for 15 years. Its headline figure seemed competitive, but the applicable loan-to-value band and setup charges make the real cost less obvious.
Should I compare the loans over the period I am likely to keep them, using interest, fees and any early-repayment cost, or is APR still the better starting point? I also need to understand how the 15-year structure affects the monthly payment and whether portability would have practical value if I moved. What figures should I request from each lender to put the quotes on the same basis?
Should I compare the loans over the period I am likely to keep them, using interest, fees and any early-repayment cost, or is APR still the better starting point? I also need to understand how the 15-year structure affects the monthly payment and whether portability would have practical value if I moved. What figures should I request from each lender to put the quotes on the same basis?